For over 50 years, D&D Materials, a family owned and operated company, has been providing greater Tucson with landscape products. Specializing in many different aggregates and other rock products, it has become one of the larger hardscape materials suppliers in the area. It offers a wide range of items including:
- Salt River Rock
- Decomposed Granite
- Various Screened Crushed Rock Materials
- Sand & Gravel*
- Polished Rock
- * If you want to look at/purchase sands & gravels, you’ll have to go to the D&D Materials yard, located at 7575 E. Old Vail Rd. (Rita Ranch area of town). Pickup’s and deliveries for these products are scheduled from this location. For directions to Rita Ranch, see our separate website listing for this facility.
It also has landscaping products:
- Plant Mix – topsoil/mulch/manure blend (70%/15%/15%)
- Screened Fill Dirt
- Back Fill Dirt
- Concrete (94 lb. bags)
- Landscape Fabrics (3′ x 50′, 3′ x 100′, 3′ x 300′, 6′ x 300′)
- Concrete Benches & Decorative Concrete Lawn Items
- Pavers (Gecko interlocking & 15″ sq. Faux Flagstone Look/Pattern)
At the 22nd street facility, (they also have a store at 7575 E. Old Vail Rd. as mentioned above) there are displays both inside and outside the store showing the different types of products that they sell. And conveniently located on the office counter is a printed price list of all the offerings – making your job that much easier at costing out whatever you’re looking for. And they’re always willing to help you pick the right product(s) for your project(s) and the recommended amount(s). They’ll even load your car, truck or landscape trailer for you. And if you just want a bucket of material, they’ll sell you that too. Bring your own 5 gallon pail and you’ll pay somewhere in the neighborhood of $2 – $5 for this small amount. They also sell sand bags for $0.80/each if you don’t happen to have a bucket.
As an aside, my wife and I had a landscaping project that required some Riprap and Boulders. The man in the office who helped us was very knowledgeable, courteous and a pleasure to work with. He calculate how much we needed, rung us up, and helped with scheduling a pickup time at the yard. We then contacted our landscaper (who has a dump trailer), since we had an area that D&D’s big dump trucks couldn’t access. D&D loaded our contractors trailer (no charge). The whole process was easy from start to finish. We liked that.
My final impression – they offer a lot of hardscaping and landscaping materials … Not all that their Rita Ranch location offers, but about 70% of it. If you’re in the area, it’s worth checking out their operation.
Available from time to time. Call office for details.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.